Board of Trustees
The next Board of Trustees election will be held on May 1, 2021 for two at-large positions. Information on this site will be updated as received.
2021 Application and Election Timeline
- Application for Ballot Filing Starts – Wednesday, January 13, 2021 @ 8:00 a.m.
- Application for Ballot Filing Ends – Friday, February 12, 2021 @ 5:00 p.m.
If the office is closed due to inclement weather, please file your application ballot by email to email@example.com. This must be done before the deadline of 5:00 PM on February 12, 2021.A candidate application may be filed in person, by mail, or by email
- In-Person: 203 E. Seventh Street, Rusk, Texas 75785
- Mail: 203 E. Seventh Street, Rusk, Texas 75785 (Please be advised that an application must be notarized prior to filing via mail)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please be advised that an application must be notarized prior to filing via email)
- Fax: 903-683-2104 (Please be advised that an application must be notarized prior to filing via fax)
If the office is closed due to inclement weather on Tuesday, February 16th please e-mail your write-in candidate filing application to email@example.com or fax to 903-683-2104 (Please be advised that the application must be notarized prior to filing via e-mail or fax by February 16th at 5:00 p.m.)
- Last Day to Register to Vote – Thursday, April 1, 2021
- Early Voting Starts – Monday, April 19, 2021
- Early Voting Ends – Tuesday, April 27, 2021
- Election Day – Saturday, May 1, 2021
ONLINE SCHOOL BOARD TRUSTEE APPLICATION
President Jake Ocker
Vice President Martin Pepin
Secretary Montie Sunday
Member Nathan Acker
Member Teresa Phifer
Member Tracy Session
Member Oliver Sturns
- Notice of Deadline to File for Application
- Notice of Office Hours for Write In Candidates 2020
- Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot
- Election Date
- Election Order
- Notice of General Election 2020
- Notice of Delivery of Early Voting Balloting Materials
- Notice of Delivery of Ballots Voted by Mail
- 2021 School Board Election Information
Rusk ISD School Board
Members of the Board of Trustees are from left to right are Superintendent Grey Burton, Jake Ocker, Montie Sunday, Oliver Sturns, Martin Pepin, Teresa Phifer, Tracy Session, and Nathan Acker.
Board meetings are normally held the second Monday of each month at 6:00 PM at the Administrative Central Office located at 203 East 7th Street. Check the Board Calendar to verify a specific board meeting date.