Early Enrollment is for Rusk Head Start, Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten students who will be attending school for the first time in 2020-2021*.
Age requirements that must be met by September 1, 2020 include:
- 5 years old for Kindergarten
- 4 years old for full day Head Start/Pre-Kindergarten
- 3 years old for ½ day Pre-Kindergarten
You may begin enrollment online by clicking here. The following items will need to be uploaded during the enrollment process. If you are unable to upload these items, drop them off at the Primary on June 9th or June 10th, July 7th or 8th, or July 21st or 22nd between 8:00 and 3:00. The required items include:
- a certified copy of the child’s birth certificate
- social security card
- complete immunization record
- proof of residency which includes a current driver’s license or state ID that matches address on utility bill.
Computers will be provided for your convenience on June 9th & 10th, July 7th & 8th, or July 21st & 22nd at the Primary if needed. Safety precautions will be followed. Contact Crystal Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
To enroll a child in PreK, parents will need to bring documentation of one of the following qualifying events.
1. My child is unable to speak or comprehend the English language.
2. My child may be considered homeless as defined by the McKinney Vento Act.
3. My child is the child of an active duty member of the Armed Forces of the United States or the child of a member who was injured or killed while serving on active duty.
4. My child is in or has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversarial hearing.
5. My child qualifies for the national free and reduced lunch program and has been verified with proof of income. Proof of income may be a current check stub and 2018 income tax return, W-2, and/or TANF verification.
This enrollment is held to ensure that a sufficient number of classes can be planned for the coming school year. Pre-kindergarten and Kindergarten classes are based on pre-enrollment numbers. Registration may be completed online beginning July 20th if all enrollment documents have been provided. Parents may call the school at 903-683-6106 for more information or visit Rusk Primary at 440 Collins St.
* If you have a child currently attending Rusk Primary, that child is already enrolled and may complete registration. Early Enrollment is only for children that are going to be attending Rusk Primary for the first time in 2020-2021.