A student may earn a performance acknowledgement on their diploma and transcript for outstanding performance on any of the following:
- Completing at least 12 hours of college academic courses including those taken as dual credit and advanced technical credit with a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Completing an associate degree while in high school
Bilingualism and Biliteracy
- Completing all English language arts requirements and maintaining a minimum grade point average of the equivalent of 80 on a scale of 100 AND
- Completing a minimum of 3 credits in the same language in a language other than English with a minimum GPA of the equivalent of 80 on a scale of 100 or demonstrating proficiency in the TEKS for Level 4 or higher in a language or than English with a minimum GPA of 80 on a scale of 100 or completing at least 3 credits in foundation subject area courses in a language other than English with a minimum GPA of 80 on a scale of 100 or demonstrating proficiency in one or more languages other than English through an AP score of 3 or higher on a language other than English or performance on a national assessment of language proficiency in a language other than English of at least Intermediate High or its equivalent
In order for an English Language Learner (ELL) student to earn a Performance Acknowledgement in Bilingualism and Biliteracy, the ELL student must participate in and meet the exit criteria for the bilingual or ESL program and scores at the Advance High level on the Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS).
College Board Advanced Placement
- Earning a score on the PSAT/NMSQT that qualifies the student for recognition as a commended scholar or higher by the College Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation
- Achieving the college readiness benchmark scores on at least two of the four subject tests on the ACT-PLAN examination
- Earning a combined critical reading and mathematics score of at least 1250 on the SAT or
- Earning a composite score on the ACT examination of 28 (excluding the writing subscore)
- Performing on an examination or series of examinations sufficient to obtain a nationally or internationally recognized business or industry certification
- Performing on an examination sufficient to obtain a government-required credential to practice a profession