Online Registration & Enrollment
- New to District - Account Request (Step 1)
- New to District - Enrollment Portal (Step 2)
- Existing RISD Families Enrolling Additional Children
- Returning Students Enrollment/Registration
- Forgot Family Access Login/Password
CLICK HERE If you have students who are currently enrolled at Rusk ISD, but you need to enroll a younger or additional sibling for the first time. Use the NEW STUDENT ONLINE ENROLLMENT link within Family Access to enroll additional child(ren). If you do not remember your Family Access login or password, click on the "Forgot your Login/Password?" link on the Family Access login page.
If your child(ren) finished the school year at Rusk ISD last year, CLICK HERE to register you child(ren) for the upcoming school year. Login* to your current Family Access account and use the ONLINE REGISTRATION link within Family Access to register each of your children.
If your child(ren) attended Rusk ISD in the past, but did not finish the school year at Rusk ISD last year, CLICK HERE to login* to Family Access to re-enroll that child in Rusk ISD. You will use the same Family Access login* and password as you did in the past. Once logged in, look for the NEW STUDENT ONLINE ENROLLMENT link (open year-round).
Early enrollment for Head Start, Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten students who will be attending school for the first time in the Fall will be held in late April prior to the year of attendance. Watch the campus calendar for the exact date.
Age requirements that must be met by September 1 include:
- 5 years old for Kindergarten
- 3 years old for full day Head Start/Pre-Kindergarten
- 3 years old for 1/2 day Pre-Kindergarten
You may begin enrollment online and complete enrollment by bringing the following items to Rusk Primary on the scheduled enrollment date in April:
- a certified copy of the child's birth certificate
- social security card
- complete immunization record
- proof of residency which includes a current driver's license or state ID that matches address on utility bill
Computers will be provided on campus for online enrollment for your convenience on the scheduled enrollment date in April.
To enroll a child in PreK, parents will need to bring documentation of one of the following qualifying events.
- My child is unable to speak or comprehend the English language.
- My child may be considered homeless as defined by the McKinney Vento Act.
- My child is the child of an active duty member of the Armed Forces of the United States of the child of a member who was injured or killed while serving on active duty.
- My child is in or has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversarial hearing.
- My child qualifies for the national free and reduced lunch program and has been verified with proof of income. proof of income may be a current check stub and current income tax return, W-2, and/or TANIF verification.
Enrollment is held to ensure that a sufficient number of classes can be planned for the coming school year. Pre-kindergarten and Kindergarten classes are based on pre-enrollment numbers. Registration may be done online in August if all enrollment documents have been provided. Parents may call the school at 903-683-6106 for more information or visit Rusk Primary at 440 Collins Street Rusk, TX.
If you have a child currently attending Rusk Primary, that child is already enrolled and does not need to do anything until registration time in August. Early enrollment is only for children that will be attending Rusk Primary for the first time during the next school year.